Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hey I'm Back!

A lot of you have been asking me why the hiatus from blog writing since last November. Well, due to circumstances beyond my control (like, let’s say... living in a region of the world where my writings, or more specifically, my writing genre could be misconstrued and consequently lead to the ruffling of a few culturally and politically sensitive feathers, which in turn could further lead to being not so politely asked to leave the country, or put in jail, which in turn could very well lead to some sort of physical pain applied to my being, and it is no secret that I have this aversion to physical pain, especially when its applied to me...I just don't like it) it has been strongly recommended that I take the necessary steps to secure my blog to a select group of followers.  If you would like to be part of this select group of followers, I invite you to send me an e-mail requesting that you be put on the distribution list. Once you are on my distribution list, by the end of April, when attempting to access my blog, you will be prompted to firstly access your Gmail account in order to access my blog.

But, and there is always a ‘but’, what if Gmail is not your email provider of choice? Well, then I guess you will not have access to my blog and to its fine literary entries that you have come accustomed to reading and enjoying over the past two years. I can almost hear all those of you faithful Yahoo/Hotmail/other web-based email providers disciples screaming (or perhaps just whining a bit) blue murder because you’ve jumped to the realization that this is just another one of those marketing gimmicks from the big gmailian corporate people, who will stop at nothing to attract you into signing up with them. My response to those of you who are whining about being suckered into the Gmail family is twofold. 1) I apologize for the inconvenience; 2) I would suggest you get a life.

So, what if its a marketing ploy to get you to sign up with Gmail? Let’s face it, life is full of innovative marketing stratagem that are far worse than signing up for Gmail. Take it from someone who knows, there are many opportunities out there to get suckered into buying/signing up for/joining into something that after the fact, you realize that you’ve fallen prey to some marketing gimmick. Whoever came up with the phrase, there’s one born every minute, probably had me in mind when he or she coined it.       

No comments:

Post a Comment