
OK...why are we going to Africa? Why are we leaving the comforts of a beautiful home in Vancouver, jobs that we like, family and friends, the easy living lifestyle of the west coast ...why?
Call it mid-life crisis...could be. I could sit back in my nice house on Bedingflield Street, resting on my professional laurels, but I want more than that. I want to take control of my life and choose what I want to do. Lots of qualified people can do what I do in BC, but I see more value in what I'm about to do in Guinea. In Guinea, people have nothing, but are enjoying themselves more. That's what I want. A friend of mine once said 'Aging is inevitable, growing old is not'. These past few years I've worked hard at what I do and I've sensed that I was growing old. Next year, I'll probably work equally as hard, but will not grow old doing it. Makes sense?
No comments:
Post a Comment