Monday, December 13, 2010

Vancouver!...my kind of town.

Apart from the givens like spending time with Nadine and Patrick, turkey dinner at Steve’s and Marcy’s, walking around without the hassle of having someone trying to sell me either shoes, sunglasses, pig’s feet, or a tablecloth, did I mention turkey dinner at Steve and Marcy’s....?, there are some things that immediately come to mind when I think of what I very much look forward to while in Vancouver next week...


1-) Eating Chinese food at Austin Diner

2-) Spending a couple of hours at a Chapters, then going home and ordering a list of books on amazon.com, at half the price.

3-) Sitting alone at a quiet Starbucks, on a rainy Saturday afternoon, reading the Saturday Sun, sipping on a real coffee in a real ceramic mug, (none of these iced-single-vente-7-pump-peppermint-caramel-sauce-top-and-bottom-light-ice-half-low-fat-whip-mocha-machiatto contraptions that these elitist spandex clad ladies usually order).

4-) Sensation of being ‘cold’.

5-) Chicken Pot Pie at Save-On Foods

6-) Extreme High Speed Internet (oooh, I feel all tingly inside...)

7-) Granville Island Christmas Ale

8-) Sharp Canadian Cheddar Cheese

9-) Working out at the gym


Yup, 3 more days to go...


2 comments: