Well, the countdown is on...5 more days to go before the Xmas break. Will be leaving Conakry on Saturday for Vancouver. Needless to say, we are both looking forward to it. However, there are things we will miss about daily life in Conakry, three of which are...
1-) Vincent, our resident goat tied up next to our building. What? Psychoanalyze all you want...I happen to like goats.
2-) Warm freshly baked baguette at Aslam’s neighborhood (down the street, turn left at the goat) hole-in-the-wall (literally) bakery. The one not holding the baguette is Aslam.
3-) Getting woken up every morning at 5:45 by the sound of morning prayer from the turrets of the Grand Mosque Fayçal (the biggest mosque in West Africa, gift to the Republic of Guinea from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia). The chant is soft and soothing, and replaces the broken snooze button on our alarm clock. This photo was taken last Thursday morning from our bedroom window.
Yes, there are things that I'll miss, but then the things I look forward to in Vancouver far out number the things I'll miss. Now let's see....
goat, sunset, baguette....humm...
ReplyDeleteTake Vincent with yoU!!! il est trop mignon!!! :)
C'est une super belle robe que mado porte sur cette photo xxx
j'ai ris pas mal fort by the way...
ReplyDelete