Made it to the hotel late night/early morning to check into this brand spanking new hotel a bit off the beaten path that I had found on Expedia; off the beaten path meaning about a 15 minute walk to Karon Beach and a bit of action. And yes, the cab ride to the hotel was three times what it would have cost us in Bangkok, but still half of what it would have been in Vancouver. You win some, you lose some.
Early morning rise with a great coffee and good breakfast waiting for us in the dining hall of the hotel; a good sleep followed by a good coffee, which just happens to be the first two of my three human survival needs, the third being oxygen. We set off for the 15 minute walk to see the ocean waves, and after passing the frontage of the umpteenth massage parlour, with of course that all too familiar nasal sounding calling out for customers by the masseuses, mostly smiling petite ladies and not so petite more robust lady-boys, a spectacular open stretch of crashing waves lay in front of us. I was back in my happy place. The beach of fine yellow sand was clean and uncrowded, and just plain beautiful. The emerald sea sparkled in the morning sun, just luring us in for a dip. By 11am that first morning, sipping our coffees at this quaint beachside café, in front of the vista of open stretches of sand and waves, I announced to the world (actually to Madeleine) that I was officially jumping off the Phuket haters bandwagon.
| On our way back to the hotel, in our 'disco tuk tuk'. Gotta do it! |
Indeed, lucky to still be married.... i saw this a little bit in China with you lol... I must say that i found this to be pretty funny and i can picture the face and the body language you had....
ReplyDelete